Great opportunity for an experienced healthcare professional to join a modern and progressive First Nation near Saskatoon!
The Whitecap Dakota First Nation (WDFN) is a modern and progressive First Nation with a proud history, culture and a strong sense of community.
Located just 26 kilometers South of Saskatoon, our members have a strong nation-building vision geared toward strengthening the community and building opportunity. Through accountable and transparent governance, economic development, stable land tenure management and partnerships, the WDFN has attracted over $100 million in capital investment. In the coming years, development plans will continue for outside investment in our community for tourism, business, and resort residential development.
About the Opportunity
We have a great opportunity for a Health Manager to identify and implement strategies to support the integration of health services between the Whitecap Dakota First Nation (WDFN) and the Saskatoon Health Region (SHR).
Working in accordance with the vision, mission and strategic directions of both partners, the Health Manager will be responsible for all health and social-related administrative functions, program and policy development, personnel duties and staffing.
The Health Manager will also focus on supporting primary health and chronic disease management quality improvement initiatives and project/programs, based on Whitecap's Community Heath Plan.
For this role, we are seeking someone with a post-secondary degree in Health Sciences or Human Services discipline such as B.S.W., or Public Administration. A Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing is considered an asset, as is current registration with the SRNA (or eligible for SRNA registration).
In addition, the successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in management of Health and Social Development programming with First Nation experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop, assess, implement and evaluate strategies to meet Community Health and Social Development needs
- Professional experience working effectively with First Nation individuals, groups, families, and communities would be an asset
- Awareness of First Nation values, culture and traditions
- Effective written and oral skills; excellent documentation and record keeping skills; working knowledge of PC software applications
- A valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle and,
- Must have a clear CPIC (Canadian Criminal Records Check)
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an annual salary of $63,306 - $85,648 based on your experience and skills. You will also receive a host of great benefits, including:
- Health Benefits Plan
- Pension Plan
- Travel allowance
- Flexible working schedule
The successful candidate will also be joining a close-knit and inclusive team. With the full support of the Council and Executive, the Health Manager will have the opportunity to build rapport with colleagues, Community members, and take on new projects, including implementing new processes, etc.
Don't miss this exciting opportunity to develop your professional experience while making a significant and lasting impact on the economic prosperity of the WDFN. Apply to join our friendly team today!